Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

An Amazing Story

One of the blogs that I check daily (sometimes multiple times daily) is My Charming Kids, a blog written by MckMama about her life with her Prince Charming and her MSC (Many Small Children). Last year, MckMama found out that her unborn son, Stellan, had some very serious heart problems, and she was told by her doctors that he would likely not survive until birth. Well, MckMama and her husband turned the whole situation over to God, praying that He would care for Stellan as He saw fit. Stellan was born a healthy baby, but he has since had issues with his heart, recently requiring hospitalization in Boston for some very serious procedures and surgery. Praise God, Stellan is now at home with his parents and his siblings and, despite some scary moments, has been doing very well.

The local Fox News Station in MckMama's area ran an amazing story on Stellan and her family. MckMama linked to the story, and I have to be honest: it brought tears to my eyes. Having a young baby myself, I cannot imagine being told that my baby would not survive. I can't imagine carrying a baby that I could not help. I can't imagine the joy of giving birth to a healthy baby, only to find out several months later that his heart problems were severe and required hospitalization on the other side of the country, keeping me away from my family. And I can't imagine the joy of bringing my baby back home to his father and siblings, not completely healed, but healthy and stable and laughing and growing and adorable.

I hope this doesn't sound trite, but MckMama inspires me. She has taken such an awful situation and turned it into an amazing opportunity. The counter on her blog recently topped 12 million. People from around the world know Stellan's story. She has brought attention to SVT and other heart issues. She has raised funds and donated them to wonderful, worthy causes. And most importantly, she has united people from around the world in prayer. I hope you'll take a few minutes to watch the news story. Believe me, if nothing else, the laughter that you hear from Stellan makes watching this clip completely worth it.

Please pray for the babies in your life, whether they are your children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, or friends. Thank God for the health of these children, and raise up in prayer those children who are not healthy.

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
And before you were born I consecrated you.

- Jeremiah 1: 5

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin