My little munchkin is six months old today. An entire half year! Abby is getting so big. At our last doctor's appointment (March 2nd), she was just shy of 16 pounds, so I'm sure she's surpassed that by now. She was also just shy of 27 inches long, and it seems like Abby gets taller every day. She'll stand up on my lap, and she just looks so long! (Carey is joking that college is going to be so expensive by the time Abby is 18 years old, he has decided to put a basketball in her hands now, hoping she'll be good enough to go to college on a sports scholarship!!)
Abby is rolling all over the place now (back to belly and belly to back), and she's trying very hard to crawl. She'll be on her belly and that little bum will go straight up in the air, but she hasn't quite worked out how to move her arms and legs at the same time. When she's on her back, she uses her legs to propel herself, so we have to be careful that she's not too close to any furniture, lest she bump her head. She's doing much better with tummy time now, although she still prefers to lay on her back. Abby is trying to sit up; she'll hold onto our hands and use them to steady herself. But, then she usually tends to bend over at the waist so she can eat her feet. (I guess right now, tasty toes are more important than sitting upright...)
We're still giving Abby about 6 bottles a day, but she also gets two servings of fruits or veggies and one serving of cereal a day. Last night was her first time trying green beans, and she was not a fan. We'll have to try again today...
Abby is doing a great job sleeping in her crib. I put her down every night on her back, and the little booger always rolls over onto her belly. So, if I get up at night for anything, I'll go in and roll her over, but it never fails that she ends up on her belly again. Now that I know she can roll over both ways, I'm not too worried about it, but I still find myself going into her room to check her breathing and make sure she's okay. I guess I'll probably outgrow this by the time she's 17 or 18. Maybe.
So, just a few pictures of our little munchkin to share. Carey and I are so blessed to have this beautiful, loving little person in our lives. Thank God that He found us worthy to care for His little angel. :-)
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness. You just must be so proud! Abby is so beautiful. What a little blessing. I can't believe it has been 6 months already. Time goes by too quickly, enjoy every moment. Blessings to you three!
Post a Comment