Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Better Day 2

I picked up Abby from daycare yesterday, and Liz told me that Abby had a great day. How huge was the smile on my face?!?! Abby had eaten like a champ, played with the toys, and just hung out with and smiled at the other babies. (When I dropped Abby off this morning, Natalie said that munchkin loves sitting around and looking at the other babies. My social little girl!) The only times she was cranky were around nap times. Considering that she's probably still getting used to the crib and new sleeping environment at Tutor Time, I wasn't surprised. But, she was at least taking naps, so I'm happy.

Last night, however, was a complete surprise. When I arrived to pick up Abby at 5:30, she was working on a bottle. Liz said that Abby had eaten all her oatmeal and pears, but didn't seem too interested in her bottle. The bottle was still "good" (we have 60 minutes from when the bottle is warmed up for Abby to finish it), so Liz asked me if I wanted to try to give Abby the bottle. I sat down with my little munchkin and she drank the entire bottle. (I guess she just needed her mommy!) We were home by 6:00 pm, and we played in her exersaucer and on her play mats until about 7:30, when she started showing signs of being hungry again. After a quick diaper change, Abby tucked into a bottle at 7:45. She didn't finish it, but she drank about 80% of it. At this point, she was still a little cranky, so I thought she might need to go down for a nap. (She'll usually take a 20-minute cat nap sometime between 8:00 and 9:00.) So, I put her in her crib and she was out like a light by 8:10. I start cleaning up the house, grabbed a quick bite for dinner, and was ironing some more name labels on Abby's clothes for daycare. Before I realized it, it was 9:30 and Carey was home. Abby was still asleep, so Carey finished up with the cleaning and I went downstairs to paint the front bedroom. (I'm still trying to finish up the edging...) Carey came down at 11:30 to tell me that he was going to bed and that Abby was still asleep. I thought for sure she'd wake up in the middle of the night, hungry and off-schedule. Well, color me surprised when she didn't wake up until 6:30 am this morning! That child slept for 10.5 hours last night! Not only that, she went to bed so early!! Normally, Abigail wouldn't go to sleep until 11:30 pm, sometimes later. (She takes after her daddy!) But, I guess she was just pooped out from all the fun she's having at daycare. :-)

So, I'm hoping for another good day today. I have to work until 6:00 pm, so I have the "late shift" today. Carey went into work early, I dropped off Abby at Tutor Time at 8:00 am, and Carey will be there to pick her up at 5:30 pm. It's a long day for Abby, but right now, it can't be helped. If Carey and I both have to continue working in the future, one of us will hopefully be able to find a job on Long Island, so we both won't have to commute into NYC. Unfortunately, now is not a great time to be looking for a job. So, we're doing the best we can and are thankful to have wonderful family who have volunteered to help out whenever we need the help.

Also, I would like to ask for your prayers. My Grammy Kowalczyk is in the hospital for surgery today. She has had surgery twice before to correct this problem, and it has, unfortunately, returned. The doctor will be using a different procedure today, which will hopefully be more successful. However, the procedure is also more invasive, so there is additional risk of infection. Please keep my Grammy in your thoughts and prayers today.

My Grammy with all her granddaughters at my baby shower last July
(isn't she so cute and little?!)
l to r: me (and Abby!), Mary, Stephanie, Grammy, Emily, Laura, and Kate

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin