Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 9, 2009

A difficult anniversary...

Today is the one-year anniversary of my Grandpa Kowalczyk's passing. It was a very difficult time for my family last year, especially since his death was so unexpected. He was in the hospital at the time, but he was beginning to feel better and the doctors had even discussed when he would be able to go home. So, his passing came as a shock to all of us. And, even after a year has passed, it is very hard.

I was blessed to have him in my life for so long. I was able to grow up seeing him often, and he shared in many of the important events of my life. The love that he had for his wife, his children, and his grandchildren was a strong, caring love. And while he was never able to meet Abigail, he knew that Carey and I were expecting a baby, and I truly believe that he loved her even before she was born.

For those of you who don't know, babies tend to smile, and sometimes even laugh, in their sleep. It is a precious and beautiful thing to see. Well, my smiley little girl not only smiles often when she's awake, but also when she's asleep. I was told that when babies smile in their sleep, it is because they are talking to angels. Every time I see that smile on Abby's sleeping face, I know that she is talking to her Guardian Angel Great-Grandpas: Great-Grandpa Ng, Great-Grandpa Syfert, and Great-Grandpa Kowalczyk.

"He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it." - Isaiah 25: 8

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'll never forget the smiles Abby's first ultrasound brought to grandpa's hospital room that sad night. He would love his great-grandaughter sooo much, I'm actually pretty sure he still does.

Love and miss the entire Ng family <3

Karen said...

Praying for you. I know how hard days like today can be. :) I pray that the Lord brings comfort to you through happy memories and the knowledge that you will see your grandfather again some day.

Blessings! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin