Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Relief and Worry

Well, after a trip to Good Samaritan hospital this morning, I am definitely feeling relieved. The Upper GI Series took less than 10 minutes, and Abby was a champ. She slept the entire way to the hospital, so we had to wake her up for the Series. While she was on the examination table, I fed her a bottle with a barium solution in it and the doctor took X-rays, watching how the barium was moving through Abby's system. (Abby has been spitting up a lot lately, so Dr. Gold wanted to rule out a few possible causes, namely that there might be a blockage in her digestive system or that some of her internal organs were in the wrong place in her little belly.) Thank God, the test results came back normal, no blockages, no misplaced organs. Abby had to fast for four hours before the test, so my little munchkin was very hungry by the time we finished. Carey's mom had met me at the hospital (I needed some moral support!), so she sat in the waiting room and gave Abby a bottle. After a few good burps, I bundled Abby in her snowsuit and we headed home. My little champ has been sleeping ever since.

So, the tests that Abby has undergone over the past week have ruled out the most serious possible causes of her recent spit-ups. Carey and I have been praying constantly for Abby's health, and I definitely feel like God has answered our prayers. Knowing how serious these problems are and the drastic measures that must be taken to fix them (namely, surgeries), I feel extremely thankful that our doctors have ruled these out as causes of Abby's discomfort.

However... I am concerned because something is still wrong. I know my baby, and I know that she's not feeling quite right. The past few afternoons, she has been very fussy, spitting up quite a bit after her bottles, not staying in any one position for very long, and not really taking her usual afternoon cat naps. So, I have a call into Dr. Gold and I plan to check in with Abby's pediatrician tomorrow to see what our next steps should be.

Our family is thankful for the thoughts and prayers that everyone has been making on Abby's behalf. We truly appreciate it! And, we ask that you continue to keep our little munchkin in your prayers while we sort out the problems with her little belly!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Glad to hear the tests came back negative. We will continue to pray for that sweet child of God! :)

Happy Christmas and enjoy your time with family and friends. You are so blessed! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin