Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 12, 2008

3 months old!!

Today, our little munchkin turns 3 months old! She is growing and changing every day, and I feel blessed to be her mommy. And now, a listing of some of Abby's favorite things as she reaches this 3 month mark:
  • Abby has discovered her hands. She'll play with them for long stretches of time (sometimes in upwards of 45 minutes), just wringing them and watching her fingers move. It's very cute. :-)
  • She has a new noise: a sort of high pitched screech. The first time I heard it, I thought she was in pain, but I realized she was smiling while she made the noise. So, now Carey and I have to be careful, because sometimes the high pitched noise means that she's having fun and other times it means that she's very unhappy...
  • Abby sleeps through the night now. Hooray!!! She'll usually sleep for 6-7 hours, then wake up for a feeding. After her bottle, she'll usually go right back to sleep for another 2-3.5 hours. She takes a few naps during the day, the number of naps depending on how long each nap is. But, she'll usually go down for around an hour about four times during the day. (Some days she'll take fewer naps, but they'll be longer. And other days, she's not really a fan of her naps...)
  • Abby has started to drool. A lot. Mary, who runs my New Mothers' Group, said that it is probably the start of the teething process. Those little teeth have a long way to move before they come in, and Mary said that some babies start this whole drooling phase very early. So, I don't expect Abby to get teeth next week or anything, but it is interesting to know that the process is probably underway in that little mouth of hers. (On a side note, Mary said that both of her girls had teeth by the time they were four months old.) Another part of this drooling thing is that Abby blows little spit bubbles. Very wet, but very cute.
  • Abby still isn't a huge fan of tummy time, but I can usually get her on her belly for a few minutes every day. When she is on her stomach, she does a good job of holding her head up at a 90 degree angle to the ground for a few seconds at a time. So, I just try to have all sorts of interesting stuff for her to look at!
  • I'm trying to get Abby to grasp her toys. Right now, she'll try to grab things (she loves her plush animal rattles) and she can usually grasp at least part of whatever she's trying to get, but sometimes she has a firmer grip on the toy than other times. So when we're playing with her activity gym and she's laying on her back, I'll put a rattle on her belly, and she'll usually grab or hug it.
  • Abby is doing a great job holding up her head. I call her "Bob" because sometimes it looks like she's a bobblehead doll. (Have you seen the size of that Ng head?!) But, she does a pretty good job of holding her head up when she's in her Bumbo or when we're holding her. She's even getting better about moving her head to follow objects.
  • And finally, Abby has started to laugh! These adorable little laughs are few and far between, but they are the cutest little things. :-) When she's not actually laughing, she is a very smiley, very happy little girl.

And now, a few things that I have learned over the last few months:

  • I can survive on much less sleep than I ever imagined humanly possible. Luckily, Abby is sleeping through the night now, so Carey and I are doing much better. But, there are still times when I have no idea how we function some days...
  • A smile from Abigail makes my heart smile. Every morning, when I hear her rustling before breakfast, I'll go in and turn on her ducky lamp and then go to get her out of her cradle swing. I'll look at her and say "Is that my girl making all that noise?" Abby will open up her eyes, look at me, and give me this big toothless grin. Every time she looks at me with that cute smile on her face, I fall in love with her even more. :-)
  • I know which cries mean what (usually). Abby has an "I'm tired" cry and an "I'm hungry" cry, as well as cries for when she's bored, pooping, or not feeling well. It's amazing to me that I can understand my baby even though she hasn't said a word to me yet.
  • And finally, I have never loved Carey more than when I see him holding Abigail. He is "Magic Daddy" because he can get Abby to calm down and go to sleep. I can tell that Abby loves her daddy so much. :-)

I've been blessed with this little angel, and I can't wait to continue to watch her grow and change!

I love my boppy!

Either my tights are very big, or I'm very small...

Just nappin' in my crib. (Mommy is trying to get me used to my crib, but I won't sleep on my back. So, she props me on my side and I usually sleep pretty well.)

Our little Christmas present!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin