Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 3, 2008

Abby slept through the night! Well, kinda...

Our little munchkin slept through the night on Saturday! We put her down around 1:00 am (midnight with the clock change), and I got up with her a little after 6:00 am. I remembered Carey getting out of bed a little after 4:00 am because Abby was crying. I figured that he fed her when he got up at 4:00, so Abby didn't get her breakfast until 7:00 am. When Carey got up, I asked him how Abby did with her bottle at 4. Carey told me that he didn't feed her then; he just turned on her white noise machine and gave her a pacifier, and then she went right back to sleep. So, it turns out that the little munchkin slept through the night, with only one small crying fit that was easily calmed by her daddy. Holy cow!!

Last night Abby woke up and Carey fed her around 3:00 am. So, she didn't sleep through the night last night, but the fact that she did it on Saturday means that she can do it. Hopefully she'll do it again soon!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

That's great news. If you keep trying to let her fall back asleep and (soothe herself) who knows, she might start doing it every night. However, she will continue to have regular wake times at night. It amazes me that still at 6 months, sometimes when I go in to check on Sierra around midnight or 1 am, she is wide awake and looking around her room or talking quietly to herself. Praise God she is able to self-soothe. :) Thank goodness for things like paci's! It sounds like Abby is ready though. That is kinda what Sierra did too, she woke up one night at 11:30 and cried, but fell back asleep (that was at 8 weeks), every other night after that she has slept right though with no crying when she wakes up. I felt like a brand new woman when that happened. Thank God that you have Carey there to help you. With nursing exclusively and Brian going back to work, I was up every night with Sierra for the first 8 weeks, it was rough...but worth it. I am sure you agree, as a mommy, it is all worth it! :)

Abby is so stinkin' cute and precious!

Praying for many restful nights for you (and Abby) in the days to come.

Blessings,
Karen :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin