Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 31, 2008

No treats at the Doctor's office...

Today I had to go to the pediatrician's office to drop off another sample of Abby's poo. (The doctor needs these samples to follow-up on her milk protein allergy.) Well, after we arrived at the doctor's office, the nurse told me that we'd somehow missed Abby's 4 week wellness check-up. (We've visited the doctor's office so much recently for sick-child visits that I guess I didn't realize that we missed this well-child visit...)

Since we were there, the doctor saw us and gave Abby a full check-up. Our little munchkin now weighs in at 10 pounds, 6 ounces and is 22.5 inches long. She's in the 50th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for height. Her head and chest measurements were within normal limits. The worst part of the visit was that Abby was due for the second shot in her Hepatitis B immunization. (She'd received the first dose when she was in the hospital the day after she was born.) Well, I think I took it worse than Abby... :-( Luckily, my little girl was very brave and, although she did cry immediately after the shot, I was able to calm her down within a few minutes. She was such a champ! And, she was rewarded with a shiny silver band-aid for her trouble.

So, Abby was "tricked" this morning. But, her treats included a nice long afternoon nap (her check-up interfered with her morning nap time) and a trick-or-treat visit from her cousins Gabriella and Sofia. A somewhat traumatic morning was followed by an enjoyable afternoon!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin