Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The good with the bad

(Guess what I'm doing??
I'll give you a hint: I'm either pooping or pondering the upcoming election...)


Since Abigail is napping, I thought I'd take a minute to let everyone know how she's been. (And, I literally have a minute. Abby's daytime naps don't usually go much longer than 30 minutes...)

Things seem to be better with our little munchkin. Four nights out of the last five she was a great sleeper, getting up every four hours to eat, but then going right back to sleep after her bottle. (For those few days, Carey and I didn't have bags under our eyes!) She doesn't seem to nap much during the day, maybe an hour in the morning and two half hour naps in the afternoon. I'm okay with that, so long as she sleeps well at night. Tuesday night/Wednesday morning was rough, with Abby not really sleeping at all. But, I guess you take the good with the bad, especially when kids are involved.

Abby has a little bit of baby acne on her face and shoulders, but the doctors told us that it's pretty normal for babies to have that. They suggested we use a mild cleanser (like Cetaphil), but said that it should go away on its own. (Of all the things I wanted Abby to inherit from me, my bad skin was NOT one of them!!)

The Axid and new formula seem to be working, although I have noticed that she's much gassier now than before. (And if you remember my previous posts, this kid was a little tooter to begin with!) I've also noticed that she gets really upset when it comes time for her to poop. She turns all red and practically screams until she's done (which, mercifully, is pretty quick). Just one more thing to bring to the pediatrician's attention when we go tomorrow morning...

Aside from that, Abigail is getting bigger and cuter every day. She really is such an angel, and Carey and I thank God every day for her!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin