I'll bet you all think this post will be about me. Oh no! This pertains to my wonderful husband...
Carey and I take turns with nighttime feedings, but we've found that it's helpful to have both of us get up. One of us takes Abby into her room to change her diaper, while the other person gets the bottle ready and makes sure that there are clean burp cloths, etc. Once the feeding begins, the other person goes back to bed. It's a pretty good system, and it allows us to start feeding Abby sooner. (Our little girl is a screamer if we make her wait for her bottle. When she's hungry, she wants to eat and she wants to eat RIGHT NOW!)
Last night, when it was my turn to feed Abby, I was getting her bottle ready while Carey changed her diaper. He brought her out to me and I started feeding her, and then Carey went back to bed. Well, not long after she'd started eating, our little pooper pooped. I figured I'd keep feeding her until it looked like she was either done doing her business or was becoming uncomfortable. Not long after the initial poop, I felt something warm on my lap. I put my hand under Abby's bottom to see if her diaper had leaked. Imagine my surprise when I found that Carey had forgotten to put a diaper on her! He changed the dirty one and then just put her pyjamas back on. Abby had pooped and peed all over my lap!! I yelled for Carey to come out to the living room, handed him his wet, dirty baby, and told him for his penance he'd be finishing up this feeding while I washed, changed, and went back to bed. Carey cleaned up Abby and finished her feeding. And the second time, he remembered to put on her diaper. :-)
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
...maybe he thought it was high time Abby started to be potty trained... just a idea
love,
Aunt Teresa
you'll get lots of use out of this story in years to come :) hopefully tonight is better for you
Post a Comment