Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 5, 2008

3 weeks old!

I think my blog problems might finally be solved. Yay!

Well, our little lima bean turned 3 weeks old on Friday. (The picture above was taken on September 12th, when our little girl was weighed by the nursery staff at Huntington Hospital.) I still can't believe that Carey and I have been parents for 3 weeks already. Amazing! Our little girl is growing bigger, and we're learning more about her every day. For instance, she likes it when I sing to her and she loves falling asleep on her daddy's lap. Unfortunately for her (because I know it makes her uncomfortable), our little girl is very gassy. (It's actually kinda funny. One of us will be holding her, and the person sitting across the room, or in some cases a completely different room, will be able to hear her tooting! The doctor said that it's because her digestive system is immature and that she will outgrow it. I certainly hope so; all that passing gas is not very ladylike!)

We're dealing with some sleep issues. Instead of falling asleep in her bassinet, Abby wakes up almost immediately if we put her down in it. Instead, she loves sleeping in her car seat. (At least since yesterday. The other thing that I've learned about newborns is that what works today won't necessarily work tomorrow. Heck, it might not even work in two hours...) Carey and I are going to call the doctor because we think she may have acid reflux (hence the sleeping in the car seat, where she's propped up slightly, and not sleeping in the bassinet, where she is laying flatter). She's also exhibiting some other signs of reflux, so we're hoping that Dr. Cohen will have some suggestions for us to make Abby more comfortable.

Other than the (possible) reflux and the accompanying sleep concerns, Abby is doing well. I am loving staying at home with her. It was rough the first few days, but we have wonderful family and friends who have been so incredibly helpful. Carey was able to stay at home with me for a week after Abigail was born, but then he had to go back to work. My sister-in-law Melissa's mom, Linda, who lives right around the corner from us, came over to help me out that first week when I was on my own. Carey's mom and dad also visited, as did my mom last week. Bart and Melissa also live right around the corner and have been wonderful, watching Abby so Carey and I can rest or go grocery shopping and even feeding us. I have absolutely no idea how we would have survived without such wonderful people surrounding us!

Now that Carey is back at work, Abigail and I are getting into a routine. We usually hang around the house in the morning, and then take a walk around the neighborhood after lunch. Abby loves looking around outside, at least until the motion of the stroller puts her to sleep. :-) We're having a beautiful autumn, so Abby gets bundled up and taken outside whenever it's not too cold, too windy, or raining. Not only is the fresh air good for Abby, getting out of the house for an hour each day is good for her mommy!!

Now that my blog problems have (apparently) been resolved, I'll try to catch up on all the Abigail news in the next few days, including the exciting story of Abby's birth!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin