Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

News from the doctor!!

Well, Carey and I had our 39 week check-up today. And, the news was all good! :-) Dr. Siegel said that my weight and blood pressure look good. Abby's head is "pretty far down" (to quote the good doctor), and my cervix is 70% effaced and 2 centimeters dilated!! Woo hoo!! However, I'm trying not to get too excited. Dr. Siegel said that labor is very difficult to predict in first-time mothers. Even though I've already started to dilate, it could be hours, days, or weeks before contractions kick in and labor gets started. So, I'm not holding my breath, but I have a feeling that I might be a mommy before the end of the week. Only time will tell, but please keep little Abby in your prayers. She seems to be making progress, and I hope it continues!!

Just in case, we made an appointment with the doctor for next Thursday. He said if I go past my due date (September 10th), he'd like to perform a non-stress test and an additional ultrasound, just to check to make sure that Abigail is still okay in there. As I was making my appointment with the receptionist, I told her, no offense intended, that I hope that I don't see her next week!!

So, right now, Carey and I are still patiently waiting. (Okay, Carey is waiting patiently and I am barely containing my excitement!) Abby is still fidgeting inside me, and I hope that soon Carey and I will be able to hold our little girl in our arms!

(P.S. - We're still experiencing problems with our computer at home. (I'm actually using Bart and Melissa's computer right now...) So, you may not hear from me for a few days. It doesn't necessarily mean that the baby has arrived. It just means that our computer is still under the weather...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dr told my mom it'd probably be another week before i was born. her water broke on the way home from the docters office, which is like at most a 20 minute car ride away. so you never know...

tkowmomx4 said...

good luck... I am so excited for you!!!! Can't wait to hear the news!
Aunt Teresa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin