Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Is "easy labor" hereditary? (Please?)
Last time I was home, I was talking with my mom about her labor and delivery experiences. While I'm sure no labor is "easy," per se, my mom did mention that she was in the hospital less than three hours before Kate and I were each born. (Of course, this could be due to the fact that she waited at home as long as possible before actually going to the hospital. If anyone has ever been to Bergen, where I grew up, you know that it's in the middle of nowhere. So, my mom wanted to wait as long as possible to really ensure that she was in labor. She didn't want to get all the way to the hospital just to be sent home!!) Kate was born about two hours after my mom went to the hospital, and I took about two and a half hours. So, I'm hoping that Abby was listening and will decide to be just as accommodating to her mommy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I will pray that easy labor is hereditary, for your sake. However, it was not the case for my sister and I. Both of us experienced long labors and as you know, my labor was complicated.
I do agree with your mom about staying at home as long as you can. It is more comfortable, you can rest, it can be silent if you want, or you can play music, you can take a bath to help with pain, you can still eat and drink, etc. Once at the hospital you get no rest and they are poking and proding you all the time and they only let me have ice chips, for fear that I might need to have a c-section (they want you to have an empty stomach before any kind of surgery). I labored at home for 36 hours. Lets hope your labor is not that long, but I do recommend staying at home as long as you can.
Always praying!
Lots of love!!!
ps - Still waiting to see the 38 week picture!! :)
Post a Comment