Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. All my books say that pregnancy balance is pretty terrible toward the end of your third trimester. (For some unlucky ladies, the teetering starts even sooner...) Today I experienced the "perfect storm": pregnant woman balance, a downpour at the train station, slippery LIRR train floors, and flip flops. Needless to say, my balance was not maintained and I hit the deck (rather ungracefully, to be perfectly honest). The belly was protected (motherly instinct kicked in), but I banged my knee pretty good on the floor of the train. It's scraped up and a bit swollen. I can only imagine the bruise I'm going to get... :-(
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Ouch!
Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. All my books say that pregnancy balance is pretty terrible toward the end of your third trimester. (For some unlucky ladies, the teetering starts even sooner...) Today I experienced the "perfect storm": pregnant woman balance, a downpour at the train station, slippery LIRR train floors, and flip flops. Needless to say, my balance was not maintained and I hit the deck (rather ungracefully, to be perfectly honest). The belly was protected (motherly instinct kicked in), but I banged my knee pretty good on the floor of the train. It's scraped up and a bit swollen. I can only imagine the bruise I'm going to get... :-(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
One thing you should never intentionally do is stand at the top of the stairs and decide to sweep off the steps while leaning forward. I found out the hard way that a very pregnant woman is "front-heavy" and that causes her to topple forward and down. Fortunately, Mary survived me anyway!
Hope you are recovering from any bumps or bruises you are experiening as a result!
Love, Aunt Teresa
Post a Comment