Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 31, 2008

A few days off...

I have tomorrow and Monday off from work. I'm hoping to get enough rest that I can get over this cold. (Although, I do have that sultry, scratchy voice right now. I think most of the folks who have called me at work today have been a bit confused when, instead of hearing my normal, cheery tone, they get a scratchy tenor instead...)

Carey and I have an appointment with Dr. Siegel on Monday, at which time I'll be tested for Group B streptococcus. It's a routine test around the 35 week mark, and I am praying very hard that my results will be negative. Group B strep is the leading cause of life-threatening infections in newborns. While a positive result doesn't necessarily mean that Abigail will come down with an infection at birth, it does mean that I'll be treated with antibiotics during delivery to protect her. I would, of course, do anything to protect Abby, but I am hoping that the results will come back negative and that no medication will be necessary. Please keep me and Abigail in your prayers on Monday!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin