Well, we were hoping to close on the house today. The bank had originally approved the short-sale on the condition that the house closing happen no later than today. However, the bank is still getting paperwork together from all involved parties, so it looks like we'll be closing next week instead.Carey has been hard at work with our Real Estate Agent, our Real Estate Lawyer, and our Mortgage Broker, making sure that all our information is in order. I'm so lucky to have a husband who puts in so much effort on behalf of his family!
Please keep your fingers crossed that the closing goes through next week. (The bank cashed the first half of our down payment, so I'm assuming that's a good sign.) However, I don't want to get too excited or get my hopes up too high, so I'm remaining cautiously optimistic and hopeful. If we close, I'll be sure to take lots of before and after pictures! (Luckily, the house doesn't need much work, but the hardwood floors need to be refinished and we'd like to paint the entire upstairs.) Hopefully, by this time next week, Carey and I will be homeowners! (In which case, Abby would actually have her own room, instead of a corner in our teeny tiny apartment!)
No comments:
Post a Comment