Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Our Spring So Far...

I love Spring. Aside from allergies (which really, truly stink), I love blooming flowers, warmer days, and even the occasional rain shower. Plus, after spending an entire winter inside, it's so nice to be able to play outside.

What's up with the kiddos, you ask? Let's start with my big girl. Abby is loving preschool and all the other activities that she does. We had kindergarten orientation last week (be still my beating heart - when did my baby become old enough for kindergarten?!?), and this little girl is so excited. She loved touring the school and even got to take a bus ride so she'll know what to expect in September.
Abby in her new elementary school t-shirt, holding a paper that says "Welcome Class of 2026!"
I cried when I saw that...
Zachy is still my little troublemaker. He's starting to say more recognizable words, with some of his favorites being buckle, bubble, "cwa-zee" (crazy) and "yo ho ho." (I think he may grow up to be a pirate...) It's clear that while he's not speaking in sentences or anything yet, he absolutely understands what you say to him and will often do the things I ask him, like putting his blankets back in his crib or sharing some of his snack with Abby. He can become frustrated when he doesn't get exactly what he wants exactly when he wants it, but we're working on that and Abby is very understanding about Zachy still being little.
Zachy sporting a nice big old knot on his forehead after bonking his head against the table.
Why do I get the feeling this is only the beginning?

We've been able to attend a bunch of fun activities together as a family this Spring. From family favorites - the Arbor Day Festival at Planting Fields Arboretum - to new activities - the Tulip Festival in the Town of Huntington - we have enjoyed the beautiful weather and our time together a a family.

My beautiful butterfly!

Enjoying our first picnic of the year at the Arboretum.

Hello Smokey!
(Right after this photo was taken, the kids helped Smokey plant a tree!)

My three loves having fun on the slide at the playground.

Carey took Abby to see a local children's theatre production of Cinderella.
Our beautiful little Cinderella was excited to meet the real Cinderella!

With another beautifully painted face and fun crown at the Tulip Festival.

Zachy checking out the tulips.

What's cuter than your two babies snuggling together on the couch?
Um, nothing.

Abby with the adorable art project she made for me
at a recent library program, "Mom, You're the Tweetest!"

Snuggles in the cart at Costco!

Yes, these cuties are mine. And yes, I do know how extremely blessed I am. ;-)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin